Who's this book for?
Homemade for Sale is the comprehensive and accessible reference guide for home-cooks unacquainted with the operation of a small business as well as more detailed information for business-savvy, but first-time food entrepreneurs.
Budding home kitchen entrepreneurs come in many persuasions and myriad motivations.
Which one best defines you?
• Dream-catcher, eager to fulfill a life-long dream of running a small food enterprise.
• Enthusiastic home baker, possibly with seasonal specialty items you want to share with your community.
• Stay-at-home mom wanting to earn extra income while keeping an eye on the kids.
• Someone with food sensitivities or allergies, who, after years of struggle, has found delicious recipes that work for you and might work for others, too.
• Dedicated locavore foodie, wanting to make a difference in the local food movement beyond your shopping habits.
• Retiree looking to stay relevant and active, plus make a little extra “fun money.”
• Specialty cake and wedding cake maker looking for a chance to share your artistic talent and creative flair.
• Farmer looking to diversify your business by offering bread and other items at farmers’ markets to boost your revenue.
• Economic survivalist who has found that Plan B, despite a college degree, is the new Plan A.
• Career changer from breadwinner to bread baker, looking to test your food-based dream before you quit your day job.
• People between jobs and searching for quick ways to earn some cash to pay the bills.
You could be part of a growing movement of people starting small food businesses from their home. No capital needed, just good recipes, enthusiasm and commitment, plus enough know-how so that you can turn ingredients into sought-after treats for your local community. Everything required is probably already in your home kitchen.
Best of all, you can start tomorrow!